#14 Buda: I Miss America

This is my "I Miss America" Photo. Me hugging Ronald Reagan.


That's all I'm going to write about that!

This week was pretty typical of the office. We went tracking, streeting and did office work. We did meet with some of our regular people but unfortunately most of them have kind of stalled. We need to get some fresh bread, ours is getting stale. We had some cool streeting though, we had twenty minutes the other day and found a new person to teach, took two phone numbers and had four good conversations, it was crazy. An older woman and her grandson let us in on Saturday when we went tracting. “Let-ins” are the best! They are like a favorite candy bar, you don’t eat it a lot, but it’s always amazing. We shared with them the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they seemed kind of interested, hopefully next weekend we can meet with them again.

The last couple zoom calls for district leaders and our zone have gotten me really excited. Elder Barton and I are making goals for the transfer, it’s going to be awesome! Spring is here, the sun is out. Life is good.

Spiritual Corner: I’ve been reading the book of Ether this week. It has been kind of a fun and has a different feel. It’s about a different people, not Israelites, it’s cool. One of the things that struck me was in Ether 3. The Lord says that he revealed some awesome stuff to Mahonri Moriancumer. "And it came to pass that the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world, until the time cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh; wherefore, ye shall treasure up the things which ye have seen and heard, and show it to no man.... For behold, the language which ye shall write I have confounded; wherefore I will cause in my own due time that these stones shall magnify to the eyes of men these things which ye shall write." I've always waited for the records of the lost tribes to be published (maybe in general conference) but now I want to read the book that Mahonri Moriancumer wrote. However the Lord says that he will give us more light and truth when we are ready for it, which means for at least now, I just need to read the Book of Mormon and study that, study the foundational principals and ordinances of the gospel, its what our prophet has asked us to focus on. This was kind of a ramble, but needless to say, I love the book of Mormon.

Have a great week,

Elder Morgan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City