#8 Szeged: A Priceless Possession

This week was good, we started it off at Piroska house doing service helping her with her garden. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Miskolc with the Zone Leaders. Elder Brown and I focused on promising blessings to investigators and working in unity. It was really good, he is a fantastic missionary. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from him. We met with one of their recent converts and talked about the blessings of coming to Church. We just need to talk about the blessings of the gospel.

Back in Szeged we were able to meet with some returning members. We talked with two of them about the holy temple and what we need to do now to prepare to continue on the covenant path. We were also able to contact a meet with a returning member named Ferenc. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. We are trying to help him come and attend church. We are going to meet with him every week.

We also had time to meet with one of our newer investigators. It went well, we taught him the first half of the plan of salvation and spent most of the lesson focusing on Jesus Christs atonement. The spirit was strong, we then finished the lesson with a branch house tour, and with that talked about the priesthood, the sacrament, and family history. It was a really good lesson.We found a new investigator this week through English class. She as been very active in the discussions with the self reliance part of English class, so when I invited her to meet with us to learn more she didn't even hesitate. We taught her the restoration, and come to find out that about a month ago she got a copy of the book of Mormon from one of the members at English class. We asked her what she thought about it, she said it was "special". We asked her if she had prayed to know if it was true, she said no, but said, "I know the book is true because of how it makes me feel, it helps me find answers to my questions and his makes a difference in my life when I read it." She deals with a lot of challenges in her life, but she was able to see the difference that the book of Mormon had already made. We invited her to prepare to be baptized when she knows that this is really the Church of Jesus Christ, she said she would. No date yet, but she is very willing to learn more.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week for the fifth time. I also did it completely in Hungarian, which for me was a very powerful experience both spiritually and when it came to language learning. It may sound funny, but I prefer to read the book of Mormon in Hungarian now, it just feels clearer and it has a special spirit to it. I want to bear my testimony that I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a priceless possession. I hope one day I like Parley P. Pratt can say that "This discovery greatly enlarged my heart, and filled my soul with joy and gladness. I esteemed the Book, or the information contained in it, more than all the riches of the world. Yes; I verily believe that I would not at that time have exchanged the knowledge I then possessed, for a legal title to all the beautiful farms, houses, villages and property which passed in review before me, on my journey through one of the most flourishing settlements of western New York." I love the book of Mormon, it is the Word of our God, it testifies of Jesus Christ and like the Liahona, points the way to eternal life in the presence of our Father in heaven. 

Elder Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)