#10 Szeged: Another Week Gone By

Weeks with lots of travel always zoom by, its a little unfair, despite that we still had some good lessons and found 4 new investigators! Zone Conference was wonderful. I loved the focus on the importance of members. Its going to take time to develop a member missionary culture, but now is good of a time to start as any. I always love the spirit that is felt in Zone Conference, that is something that I am going to miss.



We had a really cool lesson with some new investigators that we found last week. They are two college students in Szeged. One is from The middle east and the other from India. Its really interesting to teach people from a Muslim background, there are a lot of similarities, but its hard to teach people who don't believe that Christ was the Son of God. In our lesson we focused on the importance of prophets, specifically a modern day prophet. I hope that they will read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, I know that if they do, they will feel that it is true. Its the first step. It was a really good lesson. One of them had an LDS girlfriend, and he was impressed that she didn't drink or smoke, and always dressed modestly. The example of righteous members is one of the best first contacts.

It was a good week.

This week I read 1 Nephi 11. I love Nefi, i missed him. Any way. This time verses 16-17 stood out: "And he [The Angel] said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God? And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I've seen this so many times in my mission. Someone will ask me a really hard question, and I wont know the answer, and all I can say is " I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I used to be disappointed with that answer, but I've become proud of it. I'm weak and don't know every answer, but I do know that God loves me, he loves us. And sometimes that is the most powerful answer we can give. That is the beauty and simplicity of the gospel, it all boils down to the love of a parent for his children. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". God loves us, Christ lives, The Book of Mormon is true!

Elder Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)