#9 Szeged: Making the Best of the Last Days

Another busy week, flew by! This week was awesome! Had a ton of lessons, 12 in all, 4 on Saturday alone. I've never had a day of my mission where I've taught 4 lesson without someone standing us up or canceling. We also found 8 new people. I really hope that those new ones turn out to be solid investigators, at least a couple of them. We also got two referrals from members this week. We were able to meet with one, the other is still in the works.

Besides being busy teaching, the highlight of our week was definitely Friday. District meeting was wonderful, and then we followed it with a group finding activity in Szeged with the Kecskemét sisters. We also had our MCM leader and elders quorum president join us. The weather was beautiful and we talked with a lot of great people. We streeted a group of college students, one from Nigeria, another from Palestine, and two from India. We had a really good conversation about Prayer and focusing on giving thanks to God. We set up for another time to give them Books of Mormon and teach them more about prophets. It was a little miracle. 

We had a really good lesson with Krisztina this week. We visited her in her home and of course brought a member of the Elders Quorum presidency with us. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and focused on blessings. We shared with her the scripture about how we need to focus on laying up treasures in heaven, and how the gospel helps us do that. Best part was that the next day, she came to church, and even though she was tired, she stayed both hours.

Out of the returning member or recent convert lessons we taught, I think the best one was our lesson with Pál. We talked about the importance of prophets, and how they are like the watchman on the tower (Ezekiel 33:1-7) We also shared as part of that the parable from the savior about the wise man who built his house upon a rock. We liked that to of course our savior but also on the revelation that we receive through his servants the prophets. Pál also came to church this week, it is great to see his faith grow. 



This week I started reading Doctrine and Covenants 76 in my attempt to finish the Doctrine and Covenants (A Tan és a Szövetségek) in Hungarian before I go home. My favorite part is verses 22-23 “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father!” I know he lives. I've never seen him, I may not see him with my mortal eyes, but I know that he lives because of the effects that I can see in my life. I can see how he can change me, I've felt his strength in my life, and I've felt the forgiveness that comes through his atonement. This is the power of Christ in me. But most of all, I've felt time and time again through the power of The Holy Spirit that he is real, that he does in fact live and that he loves me. This week I asked one of our investigators, “Did you notice that we don't have a cross on the top of our steeple?” He said that he had, and said he didn't know why. I told him that the focus of Christ’s church is not that he died, but that he lives. We don't worship a dead Christ, we worship the risen Christ. I know that he lives.

Elder Morgan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City