#3 Szeged: My Hedge Hog Friend

This week we were all over the place. Tuesday and Wednesday we went to Miskolc and back for our exchanges with the Zone Leaders, but before that we taught our investigator József about the Book of Mormon and praying for answers, it was fantastic and the spirit was strong. We asked him if he would read and pray, and he said, not only that, but "I need to study it to really understand it!"

We also meet with Piroska, she is an old woman who has been meeting with missionaries for about two years and goes to church each Sunday, and talked with her about the sacrament, which lead into a talk about baptism. She is going to be baptized on the 8th of June. She is excited, and told all of her friends at church about it this week. We will be helping her prepare for her interview and baptism in the next 2-3 weeks or so.

We also meet with a couple returning members, and did some look-ups. We met with Pál and talked about the importance of prayer, scripture reading and church, and then this week he came, it was great and he enjoyed it. We also visited a returning member in the hospital, and hopeful we can meet again with her again this coming week.

My exchange with Elder Burnett this week in Miskolc was wonderful, it rained supper hard though, and we got soaked but it was really good. We focused on teaching and finding in unity. We did some streeting and taught a lesson to a returning member and her non-member daughter. It was really good. I love Elder Burnett, it will be fun to see him at BYU.

In preparation for zone conference and doing district meeting trainings, I've been thinking a lot about the holy ghost. 

D&C 50:13-14-- "Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth." I don't think that it is an accident that the name of the "Preach My Gospel" book comes out of this verse. "Preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter... If ye have not the spirit, ye shall not teach." I have seen that the best way for me to have the Spirit while I teach is to ask for it. Sometimes we just forget to ask. God asks us to ask, he blesses us when we seek his blessings. I've seen the difference between lessons that I just go into, and the ones that before hand I specifically ask for the Spirit. And yet still I forget to ask. That is why meaningful prayer is important, so we don't forget to ask for the help we need to do his work.

**I finally caught a hedge hog in Hungary.





Elder Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)