#16 Buda: Szentség az Úrnak, Az Úr Háza

Szentség az Úrnak, Az Úr Háza "Holiness to the Lord, The house of the Lord." Wow what a blessing!! I cant believe it, they announced that there will be a holy temple built in Budapest Hungary!!! The Lord hasn't forgotten about Hungary. This announcement was the best part of this week!!

I loved conference! We truly have a prophet and apostles on the earth today, if you didn't get the chance, listen to conference now! We were able to watch 4 of the sessions so far, and 3 of which were in Hungarian. I understood a lot more than I thought I would, but sometimes they were speaking way to fast and using too many big words -- I'm looking at you Elder Christofferson. It was really great. I love having a prophet.

This week we met with the usual people we teach and taught them all about General Conference and living prophets and how to get answers to prayers. We had a real breakthrough with a person we've been teaching for a long time now. He has a testimony of the Book of Mormon but has been having a hard making that jump from the Book of Mormon being true to Joseph Smith being a prophet and that meaning that President Nelson is a prophet too, but after our lesson with him he was like, "Alright! When is conference?" It was awesome that we had three people we are teaching watch conference with us. It was such a good experience. I hope it touched their hearts.

We also had a really great first lesson with a person from Angol Ora, it was really laid back because we already know him from English class. He had lots of really great questions, and seemed to accept all that we taught. We taught to him about the nature of God and prayer and receiving answers to prayers. Then we talked to him about receiving answers about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. We read Moroni's promise and he made immediate connections between our teaching on prayer and the Holy Ghost with the challenge to pray. He said that he is looking forward to reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. He seemed to get it! I hope as we meet with him more, the awesome will continue. It was probably one of the best restoration lessons of my mission. We also advertised for the new English connect program, on Saturday we handed out like 200 invitations, I hope at least a couple come.

This week we stumbled into an American store that sold assorted candy, chips, and sodas from America. WE WERE GAWKING at EVERYTHING! The store clerk got a kick out of watching us buy treats with so much excitement. Another fun treat was that the Russell's took us to this really cool restaurant that was like a hummus bar with middle eastern flatbread. We made special treats for district meeting because we exceeded our goals for the month. So more treats!!

My spiritual thought is one of my favorite psalms, it wont leave my head "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation." (Psalm 24) I always want to have the heart and hands I need to be in the lords house.

Funny Stuff:


I had the fun of killing some mold in my bathroom this week with some really strong hydrogen peroxide. I climbed a ladder. The fumes were pretty strong, but my World War I style gas mask came in handy, and I was amazed how well it worked. I guess if its good for mustard gas, its good for mold cleaning.

With love, Elder Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City