#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

I've been pretty sick this week, again, I've had a couple different colds over the last several weeks. The one I have now is really really really mean! Because I am a missionary I don't have very much time to rest so I haven't gotten much better. Today I'm going to call my mom and complain to her about being sick, just kidding. All the senior couples in the office are giving me suggestions to help me get better which is kind of interesting. (Ted was drinking a fresh ginger root tea when we were on our video call with him, apparently one of the suggestions of the senior couples.)

Despite being sick, this week was pretty awesome! We had an exchange with the Zone leaders in Dunaújváros this week. Elder Jameson and I worked on companionship unity and teaching lesson 4. We found a few new investigators, and taught a returning member the word of wisdom. It was probably the best day of my year so far, mainly because Elder Jameson is awesome, and I got to be outside doing missionary work all day. We also had another exchange with the assistants, and Elder McCann and I taught lots of lessons. I love doing missionary work. Beyond that, I honestly don't remember what happened because my brain is impaired because of my cold, but I'm sure it was awesome.

We took an order from the Ritz Carlton hotels for hundreds of Book of Mormon's and we got them in this week and delivered them. That was kind of interesting. Another highlight of our week is that SPRING IS HERE!! It's feels great outside. I love how early spring comes in Hungary. Here's a fun fact: Sister Robinson's parents are moving to Omaha a week after her mission, her father is moving to Omaha to work for Conagra. -- Another Nebraska connection: Elder Adam Martin is at BYU and he is working at the MTC with Spencer Lau and he sits next to Spencer Call in his New Testament class. I've been messaging him and he told me that once you meet one person from Nebraska you get to know all the Nebraskans... and they all know me, which he thought was pretty cool. -- In case you missed this earlier Sister Hinckley in the office is also from Omaha and she is the sister of Sister Hettinger who is the wife of our mission president. So Nebraskans are awesome!! JUST SAYING.



***Sister Hinckley posted this photo of Ted on her Facebook Page. She said that Ted had been super helpful in the office, helping her get registered as a resident and teaching her the language.



On a spiritual note, Yesterday in church we had our lesson out of "Come Follow Me." It was cool because it was on the sermon on the mount, and in the Hungarian translation it says "happy are the ........" instead of "blessed are the........" when he gives the beatitudes. I didn't have my Hungarian bible on me, but i remembered that in 3rd Nefi chapter 12 Christ gives the same sermon to the Nephites, and because the Hungarian book of Mormon is a translation rendered from the English book of Mormon, it says "blessed". Someone in the class commented on the fact that in English it says blessed and how much greater is than just being happy. A lot of the members who don't speak English were surprised and lamented at the difference in the translations. To me it just made the book of Mormon all the more wonderful and precious, because it preserves and transfers lost truths. If it wasn't for the book of Mormon, Hungarians wouldn't be able to read that "áldottak a szelídek, mert ők fogják örökölni a földet" or in English "blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." How much sweeter it is to be blessed rather than just happy.

This coming week Elder Udy and Elder Fales will be leaving and it will be interesting to see who will be coming to fill their places.

Elder Morgan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City