#18 Kecskemét: My Last week in Kecskemét

SZIASZTOK!!!

I got lots of news so buckle up. First they finally released the announcement related to my mission. Starting on July 1 2018, a new mission will be formed called the Hungary-Romania Budapest mission, which will contain the countries of Hungary and Romania, with Hungarian and Romanian being spoken, and the new mission president will be Hettinger Elnök and he will move from Bucharest to Budapest. The mission will extend from the foothills of the Austrian alps to the black sea, might as well be called the Trans-Danube Mission.



Other piece of news, This morning we got our transfer calls, and I will be moving from Kecskemét, to Kispest! Kispest (key-sh-pesht) is the southern portion of the Pest side of Budapest. It is urban, I hear that the area is the largest by population in the city, will roughly 700,000 people. It also takes in downtown Pest and all of the cool city stuff like the cathedrals, and the Országház on the eastern side of the Danube. Also, it was Elder Martins second area too! I'm very excited. My new companion will be Elder Gabble, he is from Denmark, and this will be his last transfer, and I hear he is really cool. I'm excited for the big city!

This week was a full one, we went to Budapest for interviews on Tuesday, we had lots of good lessons and a couple new investigators. The highlight of the week was Saturday, we went all the way to Kunpeszér (kuhn-pes-air) which is this really little town 37 km from Kecskemét and an hour by bus, with a 2 hour bus ride return trip through Kunszentmiklós, overall a 100 km, 6 hour round trip adventure. we went to look up a church media referral but she turned out to just be a member who had fallen out of contact with the church and wanted a book of Mormon, she was super cool. While doing all of this traveling and seeing pheasants, i realized that this part of Hungary looks exactly like Illinois, weird but also familiar. I was a lot of fun.

We also had our ward Farsang Buli on Friday. I'm happy we had this ward activity, it gave me a chance to spend time with all the people here in Kecskemét and say goodbye to them and get pictures. Although I am excited for my new adventure in the next transfer, I will miss those I have served here in Kecskemét.

I'm doing good and I looking forward to the next transfer, I'm really happy about going to the big city, its going to be so cool. love you all!

Morgan Elder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City