#5 Kecskemét: Sick Days & Looking Ahead

Winter is pretty much here! It snowed yesterday for the first time and the temperatures are in the 30s now. (Don't worry Charlie, you'll get your snow.)



Last Preparation day we had a bonfire with some recent converts and ate some good Hungarian campfire food. We also went to a cool World War One traveling exhibit.



This week we had some lessons, but we spent a lot of time streeting and tracting. We used the whiteboard in the town square (explanation from Elder Martin's blog below). I hope some of the contacts will bear fruit this week.

We were going to have splits with the zone leaders on Friday and Saturday, but we got sick instead. From Thursday night through Sunday we've had a really weird stomach flu, because of that we stayed in the apartment and had a lot of time to rest, study, and plan for next week. Sick days in my former life were sometimes fun, but sick days as a missionary are horrible. I did however have time to watch 17 Miracles (a movie about a Mormon Handcart Company that nearly perished but was saved by miracles and a daring rescue) a few times, and I read a lot out of Jesus the Christ (An authoritative LDS book about Jesus Christ). Chapter 7 covers the immaculate conception of Christ and Christ's divinity and mortal state (Pages 81 and 82 blew my mind.) Look it up this Christmas season, it's truly good.

That's pretty much it, I wish I had more to share this week but there aren't a lot of new things right now. I am still trying to figure out, how I am going to try to figure out, how to try to learn this nuclear hard language, Hungarian, and understand people. One day at a time. Being sick has gotten me down but I know working hard makes me feel better so I'm looking forward to this new week. I'm glad all is going well and that you are enjoying the new ward and being in Omaha, I cant wait to hear more about it. I love you all. -- Elder Morgan.


From Elder Martin's Mission Blog:

Morgan elder and I did some white boarding, and we wrote the question, "What would you say to someone, if you wanted to bring a little light into their lives?"  We then had them write their responses on the Christmas cards, and then when we stopped the next person, we asked them the same question, and then after they wrote their response, we gave them the card on which the previous person wrote, and then we started sharing these little messages with people like this. And of course we invited everyone to hear the message of the Restoration.  It was really fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City