#1 MTC: The First Week is the Hardest

Hey! I hope you are doing well. Its so busy here. So much to do all the time. I've been sleeping wonderfully because I get so tired! Wednesday and Thursday, my first two days here, were especially hard.

Me with the Hansen Family (-Brother Hansen of course)
After I landed in Salt Lake City, the Hansen's pick me up and took us to temple square before going to the MTC (Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah). It was wonderful! Thursday was difficult because it was our first day of being exposed to Hungarian, and our teachers speak Hungarian 90% of the time. They told us that the next evening that we would be teaching a woman named Joli only in Hungarian. I was freaking out. But when Friday came, my companion and I gave a short testimony/lesson on Heavenly Father and how to pray. The Spirit was so strong, I only hope she felt it too. 

My days here start at 6:30 a.m., then we get a sack breakfast, do personal study for an hour. At 8:50 a.m., we have an hour of gym time. I've done volleyball and four square. After that we shower and get dressed in Sunday clothes. We then do companion study and language study until lunch. After lunch we have Hungarian Class until 4:30 p.m. then we study for an hour and go to dinner. Then we have Hungarian Class again from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. Then we can do stuff we want to before we go to bed, but we have to be in bed no later than 10:30 p.m.. My Companion Udy Elder (Elder Udy in English) and I are usually in bed before 10:00 p.m. Our teachers Sharp Nover (Sister Sharp in English), Feil Nover (Sister Feil) and Haws Testver (Brother Haws) are really fun, and I feel like I can sort of understand what they say. I hope I'll get better at it.
The Conference Center in SLC!

I'm the district leader so I have to go get people's mail and stuff, but on Sunday's I have extra meetings. Sunday was really good. We watched a talk from Elder David A. Bednar (an Apostle, an important leader in our church) called the Character of Christ. It was so good! 

Monday we had a surprise lesson with Joli. We only had 20 min to prepare, but I think it went well. It's hard to know when you can't understand what she says. But the spirit was there. Last night Elder Dallin H. Oaks (An Apostle) came and spoke to us. My companion and I sang in the choir, directed by Brother Eggett, who is amazing! Elder Oaks talked about more effectively using "Preach My Gospel," (The primary missionary teaching manual and study tool) baptizing converts, and the importance of the physical resurrection. It was so good. Today we also have our third lesson with Joli, I hope it will go well. 

My companion Udy Elder is great, we get along pretty well. I am the more talkative out going one, but that's not bad. I've been doing okay over all. It's been hard having to be patient with my self and realizing all that I need to do. Hungarian is going to be a big trial of faith. I really hope people are right when they say that the first week is the hardest. I just pray a lot, and take it one day at a time. With that said, There is no other place I would like to be. I love how much the Spirit of God is there. I love you so much, and miss you when I can. Can't wait to get physical letters, I'll send one or two if I can! I love you family!

--Ted (Morgan Elder.)

P.S. There is a website called "DearElder.com," it allows you to send letters online for free, and the service prints them out and delivers them to our mail boxes the next day for FREE!! Send me some! ;)
I'm here now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City