#5 MTC: A Spiritual Feast

This week as been fairly good. I'm thrilled that you have a house, and it looks really cool. Its about 5 minuets from the Theobalds, in Papillion.

I'm doing well. This week we got 3 new Turkish speaking elders, and tonight we will get 4 German speaking elders and 15 sisters. My favorite part of p-day (preparation day) is to go to the temple. First, I get to leave the MTC, but also because it is just the best place on earth and the view is amazing. Last week the sun shone through the clouds and hit Utah lake, it was so beautiful. God is real Alma 30:44. általános Konferencia was Tok Jo!

I loved that we got to watch all of General Conference (Our church holds a worldwide conference every six months and the talks from general authorities of the church are broadcast throughout the world. It's a spiritual feast on the words of the Christ) and that I was able to take notes. So many good talks. I think my favorite was from President Uchtdorf's about light and spiritual wellness. He talked about how missionaries are full of the light of Christ and they go forth into the shadows to cast away the darkness and lead people back to the light. Nagyon Fontos!

Last night Sister Oscarson came and talked to us about putting our trust in the Lord. She told about her experience of when she and her husband we called to be mission president and wife in Sweden. At the time they were only 29 and 25 respectively, with a new baby and 3 children under 5. Can't even imagine.

We also had the producer of the New Testament videos come talk to us about it and the new Book of Mormon videos.

I think Hungarian (Magyarul) is coming along, it can be hard to tell sometimes. I've been here about a month now and have a little less than a month left. I've learned a lot and I feel like I understand how the grammar is supposed to work, but I've been struggling to learn new vocabulary as fast as I would like. We have been working on memorizing the first vision in Hungarian this week, and we taught 5 20 minute lessons this week in Hungarian about Heavenly Father, faith, repentance, baptism, prophets, and scriptures. I want to do my best in the language here, but I realize that most of the learning will come after I'm in Hungary. 

I'm absolutely learning to love the Book of Mormon, more than ever before. I love Mosiah 3, and Alma 7 (Look them up, and read those chapters). I'm so happy I'm a missionary and can't wait to get to Hungary in a month.

I've run into Spencer Lau a few times in the last 2 weeks, he works here as a teacher.

I'm doing good, I've been getting DearElder letters from you and Meg. I miss you and can't wait to here more about all the things going on at home and with the move. Tell charlie I love him.


-Szeretlek, Morgan Elder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)

#4 Nyíregyháza: Debrecen is a Cool City