#6 Szeged: Baptism Pentecost Weekend

I'll start with the best part of the week: On Saturday, Piroska was baptized! I had the privilege of preforming the ordinance, it took three tries, but I guess that means that it was done right, third time is the charm. She said that it was the best day of her life, and i guess that was saying a lot since she is like 75 years old. It was really great, and there was a good turn out of people there to support her. Pentecost Sunday was also special for her, she received the gift to the holy ghost, like the disciples of old. It was a good week end.


This week we had really good success with English class. Our first week we had 12 people come (8 more than normal), and last week we had 17, this coming week we are going to have to divide the classes. We are also getting some really good support from the members. The branch president gave us a referral, and he came to English class, and is now a new investigator. We have found 4 people through English class in the last 2 weeks. I hope that we can keep our momentum, keep the ball rolling. 

We had a really good lesson with a returning member this week. We have been focusing on the returning members between the ages of 20 and 35, its so far going week. We talked about the word of wisdom with Pál this week. He is also going to be helping us with the English connect 2 class this week, and he has come to church twice in the last month, which is really great progress. We also had another lesson with another young adult this week. She was planning on coming to church but got, sick. Hopefully we can meet with her again this next week. Things are going good. 

This week I finished the Book of Mormon (inside of the Book of Mormon) and I guess I had forgotten how sad it was. At the end Moroni is just sad, understandably so, and just pleads that we not follow the mistakes and wickedness of his people. "And my father also was killed by them, and I even remain alone to write the sad tale of the destruction of my people. But behold, they are gone, and I fulfill the commandment of my father. And whether they will slay me, I know not.... Behold, my father hath made this record, and he hath written the intent thereof. And behold, I would write it also if I had room upon the plates, but I have not; and ore I have none, for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and chow long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not." Mormon 7:3,5.

There is a talk by Hank Smith where he talked about being able to see the "tear stains on the plates". I think we need to be more grateful with this fantastic treasure that we have as the Book of Moron. I try to imagine, what would Moroni say if he saw us take the Book of Mormon and just put it on our shelves to collect dust. We need to value it as what it really is: 1. the word of the living God, and 2. the product of so much sweat, blood and tears of numberless prophets and saints. I think when we can try to get a glimpse of what that all really means, it changes how we see the Book of Mormon, I at least know that it has helped me. I love the Book of Mormon.

Elder Morgan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11 Buda: The Nebraska Connection

#2 Pest: Lo Kolbász! (horse sausage)